14 NCCAOM PDAs available
15 California CEUs category 1 available, provider CPE 142
Date: October 17 & 24 (two Sundays), 9:00 am - 5:30 pm PST, or 12:00 - 8:30 pm EST, both days
Location: In your own home!
Tuition: Early-bird $350
• Late registration after October 8: $395
• Buddy rate special: Register for yourself and a friend, and receive a $325 rate each!
Note: To receive this discount at any time, one person must register for both participants and pay with one credit card. Registrations must be made by phone. Individual invoices can be issued, however.
• Please note: The tuition fee includes the course booklet, which will be mailed to you soon after your registration. Be aware that anyone registering after October 8 may or may not receive it in time for the first session, all depending on your location and postal service efficiency – register early!
To register: Register by credit card with the button above, or email us: email@example.com, or call us on 707-546-3706.
• Please note: Registration will close at 5 pm PST (West Coast time) on Friday, October 15.
Joining the seminar online: The Join information on Zoom will be emailed to you on Friday, Oct. 15. This email will contain the link to join on Sunday 17th, as well as the Meeting ID and password. Seminar check-in will start at 8:30 am PST (11:30 am EST) on Sunday. You may want to check in early in case of any unforseen technical difficulties.
Cancellation policy: Cancellations received up to October 8 receive a full refund less a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds can be given after October 8, 2021.
To register by credit card: Register online with the button above or call us at 800-682-8827
Questions? Contact us at 800-682-8827 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Addictions are endemic to our culture and clearly present a second pandemic. Addictive substances include not only soft, hard and prescription drugs, but increasingly addictive commercial 'foods' such as modern techno-wheat and refined sugars. All addictive substances create and perpetuate a craving that, under the right social, emotional, nutritional and neurochemical conditions, can easily turn into a full-blown addiction.
All cravings and addictions result from and in turn promote an imbalance of the Shen or spirit. This seminar goes to their root by adopting two systemic approaches. Firstly, the patterns of neurochemical imbalance in the brain with their peptide deficiencies. Secondly, the three patterns of Shen disharmony with their wide spectrum of mental states, distressed feelings and pathogenic emotions. These patterns together cause typical Qi, blood and fluids pathology that can be diagnosed at any stage of the addictive process.
Essential oils and acupuncture points are powerful treatment tools for managing all kinds of drug and food addictions. Oils and points are both neuroactive when carefully and individually selected for treatment. They can be highly effective when used for acute conditions requiring mood stabilization and symptom relief. They can also address chronic conditions when treatment of the systemic condition becomes more important with continued energetic, nutritional and emotional support. We will discuss the energetic and neuroendocrine functions of important oils and points, as well as the typical patterns of peptide, Shen and emotional imbalance they are able to treat.
Using the five Qi movements of essential oils and points in the body, we will present specific, detailed treatment protocols that can be applied to any drug or food addiction at any stage of recovery. Just as importantly, these protocols may also be used for preventive treatment to manage chronic food and drug cravings, thereby reducing the chances of cravings turning into an actual addiction. This information-packed seminar will present the essential theoretical and practical information needed to start incorporating essential oils effectively and safely in clinical practice.
• Examine the six basic patterns of neurochemical brain imbalance that underlie all cravings and addictions
• Discuss craving and addiction as expressions of energetic, emotional and nutritional imbalance generated by trauma
• Survey detailed profiles of common addictive substances, including tobacco/nicotine, alcohol/ethanol, cocaine, heroin and opiates, refined sugar and modern wheat.
• Explore the use of neuroactive essential oils to modulate brain chemistry and reduce addictive cravings
• Learn and practice simple but powerful techniques using essential oils with points for quickly stabilizing acute patients, as well as for reducing food cravings
• Consider comprehensive treatment strategies for important addiction patterns using points, essential oils, herbs and nutrition
"My favorite part of this seminar was discussing the brain syndromes and the essential oils for regulating brain chemistry. I am very grateful for the depth of knowledge that you share and your meticulous research and care."
– Beth Bullen LAc
"This seminar provided a unique and comprehensive perspective on addictions and cravings. The techniques and philosophy will be invaluable for many who struggle with any kind of addiction."
– Tina Dreisbach ND, LAc
"Thank you for the tremendous amount of information, the detailed seminar booklet and product resources. I appreciated the clinical usefulness of the oil-to-point protocols that you can use Monday morning in the clinic."
– Beth Farrar LAc
"I enjoyed the completeness of the presentation, which included the historical and cultural context of addictive substances. Thank you Peter for your intellectual curiosity and high standards of excellence."
– Heidi Barlin LAc
"The part of the Addictions seminar I appreciated most was learning diagnostic and treatment protocols incorporating the Shen, not just the physiological TCM lens."
– Alitia Danciu LAc
"Receiving treatments during the breakout sessions alone was worth the price of admission. Peter is a wealth of applicable knowledge. Every seminar of his that I’ve attended has changed my practice and also given me practical tools for everyday life."
– Korianne Haas MD