with Peter Holmes L.Ac. M.H.
14 NCCAOM PDAs available
PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Date: June 30 & July 1 (Sat. & Sun.), 9:00 am - 5:30 pm both days
Location: Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland
Tuition: Early-bird $375
• OCOM, NUNM and Evergreen students receive 10% discount
• Late registration after June 15: $425
Cancellation policy: Cancellations received up to June 15 receive a full refund less a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds can be given after June 15, 2018.
To register by credit card: Register online with the button above or call us at 800 682-8827
Questions? Contact us at 800 682-8827 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover how to engage the therapeutic power of essential oils on mind, emotions and spirit!
Mind and emotions powerfully influence physical symptoms as well as the outcome of disease in general. Mental and emotional disorders account for a large percentage of modern conditions, only some of which are actually diagnosed in Western medicine as mood and anxiety disorders. The ability to identify, evaluate and treat these common conditions at any stage of their development can therefore make a big difference in clinical practice. In the case of patients on medication, timely treatment may also reduce the need for medication and counteract their negative effects.
Chinese medicine provides the excellent framework of the Three Shen Disturbances and Five Elements models to evaluate and treat patterns of mental-emotional dysfunction. Essential oils can act as potent catalysts for managing and reversing these disorders as they directly impact the brain's limbic system and systemic peptide communication. We will explore how essential oils with their powerful Qi qualities of fragrance impact the mind and the pathogenic emotions from the perspective of body-mind energetics.
WE WILL EXPLORE . . .
• How mental-emotional conditions can both cause and result from physical disease
• The body-mind energetics and treatment of the primary pathogenic emotions and distressed emotions
• The mental-emotional and Qi effects of the Six Fragrance Qualities of Essential Oils
• How inhalation and oil-point application can directly target mental-emotional conditions – with practicums!
• Using Five-Element pathology to evaluate and treat mental-emotional patterns
• Essential oil treatment of the most important disorders seen clinically, including anxiety, depression, PMS, bipolar, OCD, shock and PTSD
• The ‘spirits’ of important essential oils, including Laurel, Geranium, Lavender, Black spruce, Sambac jasmine ...
I appreciated Peter’s generosity with time and information, and the reverence fostered for the oils and practice. I felt I was entering sacred space to explore new material, and I appreciate the higher octave of each teaching that was always present.
— Michelle Gilbert LAc
This seminar gave me the tools I needed to work with my more challenging patients, as well as with children. Peter's depth of knowledge really brings this valuable material to life.
– Dia Vickery LAc.
Thank you for this amazing class! I so appreciate the depth of study, the passion, the integrity and the immediate usefulness of the information and the overall experience. Please continue your important work in this world, knowing that you are respected and appreciated!
— Jo Blaine LAc
After taking Peter’s course on Mental-Emotional Disorders, I was able to bring my treatments to a much deeper level by adding essential oils to my protocols. My patients have noticed a huge difference in how they feel afterwards as well.
– Stephanie Petix Willard LAc.
Using the oils in my practice for just one week after the Mental-Emotional Disorders seminar has been amazing. The oils did a lot of the work for me in guiding the treatment to the next stage of healing. They shifted everything very quickly and profoundly to the next appropriate level. Thank-you for your good work.
– Bree Dellerson LAc.