Peter Holmes L.Ac., M.H.
14 NCCAOM PDAs available
14 California CEUs available for category 1, provider CPE 142
Date: September 28 & 29 (Sat. & Sun.), 9:00 am - 5:30 pm both days
Tuition: Early-bird $350
• PCOM student discount is 10%
• Late registration after September 13: $395
Cancellation policy: Cancellations received up to September 13 receive a full refund less a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds can be given after Sept. 13, 2018.
To register by credit card: Register online with the button above or call us at 800 682-8827
Questions? Contact us at 800 682-8827 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A One-of-a-Kind Seminar You Won’t Want to Miss!
YOU WILL DISCOVER . . .
• Why hormone balance is crucial for all women, regardless of age, symptoms or condition
• How to recognize and treat systemic patterns of functional endocrine imbalance as they relate to patterns of Jing Qi and Shen disharmony
• How to make a Six-Condition diagnosis to treat conditions such as pelvic congestion, estrogen and progesterone deficiency and excess, hypothyroid syndrome, electrolyte imbalance, etc.
• How to select and deliver important essential oils, herbs and nutrients for each syndrome discussed – using olfactory, topical and internal delivery methods – with hands-on treatment practicums where we apply the oils to particular acupuncture points
• The systemic analysis and treatment of many important symptoms and disorders seen clinically, including menstrual conditions, PMS, fibroids, menorrhagia and PCOS
• Concise profiles of the important essential oils and herbs used in treatment, including Geranium, Rose, Fennel, Clary sage, Chasteberry, Black cohosh, Sage, Saw palmetto, and many others.
Most gynecological conditions today are not simple complaints, such as menstrual pain, but arise from systemic endocrine/hormonal imbalance, e.g. estrogen or progesterone excess or deficiency, thyroid deficiency, PCOS, and so on. With Chinese Medicine we can now recognize hormonal imbalances as patterns of Jing and Shen disharmony. We can treat these directly with certain essential oil and herbal remedies that are known to modulate specific hormones. In addition, we can use essential oils by inhalation to treat the important Shen aspect of endocrine imbalance. Addressing the mental-emotional (Shen) issues that cause chronic conditions of Blood and Qi stagnation is often key to successful treatment.
Knowing the endocrine or Jing dynamics of a condition can greatly enhance our treatment strategies and produce excellent rather than just OK results - clearly a huge advantage in clinical practice. Secondly, it provides us with a much larger and more focused range of treatment options, including powerful essential oils such as Geranium, Clary sage and Black spruce oil, and specific herbal remedies such as Black cohosh, Vitex, Rhodiola, Ashwaghanda, in addition to acupuncture treatment. And finally, educating our patients about their condition from this integrative perspective will greatly increase their confidence in a positive treatment outcome.
In addition to being information-packed, this seminar will incorporate several practicums where we will practice Aroma Acupoint (oil-to-point) sequences for treating many of these conditions hands-on.
"Peter’s vast knowledge base and synthesis of different approaches to treatment is invaluable. In this endocrine seminar I especially appreciated the focus on the Shen component of women’s conditions, and their treatment with the essential oils."
— Lauri McKean LAc
"This seminar is an amazing synthesis! The addition of Western and Chinese herbs for modulating hormones is invaluable. The copious written material is organized in such a way that it’s easy for me to quickly reference in my clinic. Thank you!"
— Tina Dreisbach ND, LAc
"I’m very impressed with Peter’s incredible knowledge, experience and depth of understanding – thank you for all the research and insights, and the easy-to-follow organization of the gynecology seminar notebook."
— Amielle Moyer LAc
"I just wanted to say thank you for the amazing class this past weekend. It was phenomenal. I learned a lot on so many levels. I am grateful and humbled and thankful to you for giving the information with such passion, intelligence and patience."
— Elizabeth Fine LAc